miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2015

Post 4 (week 6) >> Themed/Free Post 1 "My Favourite Music."

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination
and life to everything.”


Wonderful quote by Plato, In my case Music has always been part of my life since I was only months of life, and luckily  for all my family music is important too.  I play drums and my brother plays the bass and guitar.  

Since I was a child I've always been exposed to music, specially from the 80's, and with the passing years my musical interests have changed a lot, but I'll never forget the moment when it became really important... 
When I was 11 years old I listened to a song from Aerosmith called "Hole in my soul" that just blew my mind, and from that moment on I couldn't stop looking for new similar bands. I like different types of music among my favorite bands are Tool, deftones and Korn and grunge (alice in chains, pearl jam, smashing pumpkins,tc.) and I'm really lucky to say that I have seen most of my favorite bands live, whenever they come to Chile I always go to the concerts. 
The most amazing one I've ever seen was Roger Waters "The Wall" in 2012, It was so overwhelming that every time I watch the DVD of this presentation again I get goosebumps.
I also love film soundtracks, some of them are Ennio Morricone who came to chile in 2013 with Mike Patton (Mondo Cane) it was a wonderful concert I had the opportunity to see, there is also Jon Brion who composed songs for a movie I like a lot  "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"  and my favorite one, Danny Elfman, who is a close friend of Tim Burton, so he has composed soundtracks for many of his movies like: Big Fish, The nightmare before christmas, Batman, Edward Scissorhands among many others. I can say that I'm a big fan of movies and music plays a relevant role there.
I also enjoy quiet music. I think that Sigur ros is one of those bands that helps me think clearly when I need to relax, and similar to this Post Rock style I listen to are "God is an astronaut" "If these trees could talk" "Explosions in the Sky" etc. 
I think that a person can enjoy different types of music depending on their mood and context. 
... And you?... Do you have any favourite band or musician?

Dear all,

Your assignment this week is writing about your favourite music. Please include:

- The kind(s) of music you like and why you like it?
- When you started listening to this kind of music.
- Any information about the bands or the musicians you like.
- Concerts or music events you have attended.
- Any other piece of information you may consider important.

-140 words minimum.
- Include a picture. 


- Comment on at least 3 of your classmates’ blogs.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario